Manage content easily, simplify your work and increase efficiency
Documents contain information that is a valuable resource and an important business asset. A systematic approach to the management of documents is essential for organizations and the society to protect and preserve documents as evidence of actions. A documents management system results in a source of information about the business activities that can support subsequent activities and business decisions, as well as ensuring accountability to current and future stakeholders. Documents enable organizations to:
- Conduct business in an orderly, efficient and accountable fashion. Support and document policy formation and managerial decision making.
- Facilitate the effective performance of activities throughout an organization.
- Meet legislative and regulatory requirements including archival, audit and oversight activities.
- Protect the interests of the organization and the rights of employees, clients and present and future stakeholders.
- Provide evidence of business, personal and cultural activity.
- Maintain corporate, personal or collective memory.
- Deliver services in a consistent and equitable manner.
- Provide consistency, continuity and productivity in management and administration.
- Provide continuity in the event of a disaster.
- Provide protection and support in litigation including the management of risks associated with the existence of, or lack of, evidence of organizational activity.
- Support and document current and future research and development activities, developments and achievements, as well as historical research.
- Establish business, personal and cultural identity.
OpenKM Document Management System helps you on governing the practice both of documents managers and of any person who creates or uses document in the course of their business activities. OpenKM Document Management helps your organization in:
- Setting policies and standards.
- Establishing and promulgating procedures and guidelines.
- Designing, implementing and administering specialized systems for managing documents.
- Assigning responsibilities and authorities.
- Providing a range of services relating to the management and use of documents.
- Integrating documents management into business systems and processes.
OpenKM tasks are based on document events - like firewall paradigm concept, validate the rules and apply some actions - helps you to automatically set your business logic. You can set rules based on events and for example move document to new destination, change security, applying document transformations (converting to PDF with group4 compression) among others. Thanks to OpenKM plug-in architecture, it is possible to make it easily extensible.
Automatic metadata capture
OpenKM Zone OCR is a data capture and document processing. It is designed to transform streams of documents of any structure into business-ready data. Thanks to OpenKM architecture it is possible to integrate with commercial technology like Abby Flexicapture, Kofax and Cognitive Forms among others.
Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, is a technology that enables you to convert different type of documents, such as scanned paper documents, PDF files or images captured by a digital camera into editable and searchable data. Thanks to OpenKM architecture, it is possible to integrate most open source and commercial OCR engines.
- Mail archiver.
- Digital Signature.
- Integrated BPM engine.
- Reporting engine.
- Task manager & Calendar.
There are available extensions for previewing AutoCAD and DICOM files. Thanks to OpenKM plug-in architecture, it is possible to make it easily extensible to other formats.
Version control is the management of changes to documents. Changes are usually identified by a number or letter code, termed the "revision number". Each revision is associated with a timestamp and the person making the change. Revisions can be graphically compared, restored.
OpenKM offers a complete and configurable audit trail. With it you have documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that have affected at any time a specific operation, procedure or event.
Bar code reading
The barcode module supports the following formats: Codebar, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8 and EAN-13, ITF-14, UPC-A and UPC-A, RSS-14, RSS Expanded, Data Matrix, PDF417, QR Code and Aztec. Thanks to OpenKM plug-in architecture, it is possible to make it easily extensible to other formats.
REST, SOAP and CMIS.
CIFS, FTP and WebDAV protocols supported.
OpenKM can be quickly integrated with third-party application. There are available integrations with Bonitasoft BPM, Joomla, WordPress, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Vtiger among others.
Optical Mark Recognition is the reading of ovals and check boxes on forms and documents. The Optical Mark Reader is a scanning device used for reading documents setup with OMR areas or zones.